Introducing the Family Life Stories Program
Become a permanent part of the history of College of the Canyons. As a special friend of College of the Canyons and the College of the Canyons Foundation, we invite you to join with others in the Santa Clarita Valley and become a part of our Legacy Showcase™ program.
The Legacy Showcase™ program publishes the life stories of our Legacy Society members, recognizing the many contributions of individuals and families who have invested in the success of College of Canyons.
This program enables you and your life story to become a permanent part of College of the Canyons, and permits you to demonstrate your commitment to the college by naming the College of the Canyons Foundation in your estate plan as a beneficiary of your will or trust.
Every one of us is unique and that portion of your estate that you may wish to designate should be appropriate to your own situation. In addition, many may desire to leave written memories for your children and grandchildren; others may want to establish a living memorial in honor, or in memory, of a loved one. The Foundation will gratefully accept any bequest, and at no time will the amount of your gift be disclosed publicly.
Remember that any gift, no matter the size, will be greatly appreciated and will surely make a difference in the lives of our students, their families, and our community. Your thoughtfulness will provide much-needed funds for scholarships, capital equipment and other special needs not covered through State allocations or from tuition and fees.
How it Works
• A trained student or qualified volunteer will interview you, and your story will be written;
• You will review and approve your story, making necessary changes, and supply one or more photos to illustrate it;
• The Foundation will prepare the layout for presentation of your family story on the Foundation's Legacy Showcase™ Website and include it in a virtual special archive album, along with other Founding Members and Families, Retired Faculty and Staff, Community Leaders, etc.
• The Foundation will confirm with you that the Foundation is a part of your estate plan; and
• You review the presentation as it will appear on the Website and your story will be published! (It will also appear in a hard-bound book of family stories available for display in the college library.)
Legacy Showcase Family Life Stories
Founding Families | Alumni & Friends | Foundation Board & District Trustees | Auxiliaries & Support Groups | Community Partners
Faculty, Staff & Administrators | Nursing Alumni | Community Volunteers | College Athletics | Western Heritage