FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2014
Performing Arts Center's 10th Anniversary Season Unveiled
Offering audiences a "Season of Celebration," the 2014-15 Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center (PAC) at College of the Canyons 10th Anniversary Season will feature a wealth of talent for audiences of all ages to experience and enjoy.
“The PAC’s 10th Anniversary Season of programs has been carefully crafted to offer our valued patrons a variety of artistic options from which to choose,” said Evy Warshawski, PAC Executive Director. “I invite you to join us as participants in this season, and engage in all that the PAC brings to this community.
“This will definitely be a year-long birthday party that you won’t want to miss,” added Warshawski.
Throughout the 10th Anniversary Season local residents will have the opportunity to experience an exciting and eclectic mix of internationally acclaimed acts and artists, without ever having to leave the Santa Clarita Valley.
Highlighting the 2014-15 PAC schedule are performances by:
- Emmy Award-winning comedian, author and humorist Paula Poundstone — Sept. 6, 2014
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee and co-founder of the band Traffic, Dave Mason — Sept. 18, 2014
- Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum selling country artist LeAnn Rimes — Sept. 28, 2014
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Mavis Staples —Nov. 1, 2014
- Legendary wildlife expert and TV personality Jack Hanna —Nov. 2, 2014
- Tony Award and Drama Desk Award nominee Stephanie J. Block — March 7, 2015
- Croatian cello virtuosos Luka Sulic and Stjepan Hauser, the 2Cellos — March 23, 2015
- American folk singer and veteran songwriter Arlo Guthrie — April 12, 2015
- 10-time Grammy Award-winning artist Bobby McFerrin — April 18, 2015
- Grammy Award-winning acoustic group Carolina Chocolate Drops — May 19, 2015
In addition, patrons will have multiple opportunities to mix and mingle with their favorite artists as part of the PAC’s meet-and-greet events, often held in support of the PAC K-12 Educational Outreach Program.
The PAC’s 10th Anniversary Season also includes the COC Arts on Campus program, as well as the COC Art Gallery’s 2014-15 exhibition schedule.
Other acts and artists visiting the PAC as part of the 2014-15 COC Presents season include: Travis Brass, the premiere ensemble of the United States Air Force Band of the Golden West; The Orquesta de Baja California; Hawaiian hula troop Na Lei Hulu I Ka Wekiu; the multi-media theatrical experience Basetrack; illusionist Jason Latimer; The United Kingdom Ukulele Orchestra; Rockapella; Versa-Style Dance; Lightwire Theater; Story Pirates; and Trinity Irish Dance.
As in years past, the PAC will also host a number of College of the Canyons theatre, music and dance department productions, as well as other community group performances. Those productions include “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Little Mermaid,” and “The Nutcracker” (Santa Clarita Ballet), “Annie” and “The Sound of Music” (ESCAPE Theatre), and the musical programs “A British Holiday,” “Mozart: Requiem,” and “Defying Gravity” with Stephen Schwartz (Santa Clarita Master Chorale).
PAC 2014-15 ticket sales will begin at 10 a.m. Monday, July 7. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone, or in person at the PAC box office.
For more information about the PAC 2014-15 season or to purchase tickets please visit www.canyonsPAC.com
or call the PAC box office at (661) 362-5304.
Note to Editors: Hi-res artist-approved photos from the PAC 2014-15 season are available upon request.