Why PAL (Personalized Accelerated Learning)?
· Students are more successful in PAL classes!
· Complete your required math & English classes quickly!
· Stay with the same classmates!
· Form study groups for multiple classes!
About the PAL Program
· Back-to-back, short-term classes in math and English.
· Complete two short-term (8 week) classes in one semester instead of two full-term (16 week) classes in two semesters.
· Stay with the same students as you progress (varies by semester and by campus).
· Morning, mid-day, and evening classes. Available in Fall and Spring semesters.
· PAL classes cannot be taken separately. You must take all classes in the cohort. Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
Note: If you're a Veteran, please check with Veteran's Affairs to see how PAL will affect your benefits!
Success rates in PAL are roughly 10% higher than the same course taught in the standard format! Here's what PAL Students say about their experience in the program:
What would you tell someone who's interested in taking PAL classes?
“If your interested in establishing strong friendships and finishing two semesters of math or English in one semester, take PAL!”
“Take the PAL class because it’s so much easier to be in the same class with the same teacher and students.”
“Go for it! You wont forget, or regret the experience.”
How was PAL different than you thought it would be?
What's the greatest benefit of taking PAL classes?
"By taking math daily, the concepts become easier by taking math daily, the concepts become easier."
"Expanded network, perspective and confidence building."
"Finishing my required classes faster."
"You have the ability to work at a faster pace and finish your classes at COC faster."
"PAL Math didn’t feel like math, it felt more like life skills, incorporating a bit of math."
Which Courses are in PAL?
*Please consult with a program advisor or counselor if you are unsure which PAL course to take based on your educational goals*
English Classes Offered Through PAL (Updated February 2016):
Math Classes Offered Through PAL (Updated February 2016):
MATH PAL courses available in the Liberal Arts pathway:
MATH PAL courses available in the STEM pathway:
Click here to view PAL class highlights from PAL students
English Classes Offered through PAL (Updated April 2015):
Steps to Becoming a PAL Student
Click here to see a comparison of all the Distance Learning programs.