You must act quickly!
FIRST-YEAR PROMISE PLUS allows first-time, full-time students to attend College of the Canyons TUITION-FREE for the first year.
What are the benefits of First-Year Promise Plus?
• Up to 15 units ($46 per unit) paid for fall and spring terms
• Access to coaches, mentors, counselors and tutoring
• Being part of the First-Year Promise cohort of students
• Access to college personnel dedicated to academic success
Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis through Monday, July 30, 2018 – or until the 500-student limit has been reached.
I am having trouble with my FAFSA. What should I do?
Please contact the Financial Aid office in Canyons Hall (Valencia campus) or Quad 1 (Canyon Country campus).
What does EFC mean on the FAFSA?
EFC stands for Estimated Family Contribution, which will be presented on the last page of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application. To be eligible for First-Year Promise, you need to have an EFC of $50,000 or less.
My EFC was above $50,000. Does that mean I should not apply?
No, you should still apply. If we do not have enough students with an EFC less than $50,000, we will start taking those with an EFC of $50,000 or more.
What classes should I register for in fall 2018?
You must take math and English (if required for your program of study) in the first year.
Where can I get more information?
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call (661) 362-5891.
Data and outcomes indicate that the first cohort of First-Year Promise students performed at a higher level than first-time, full-time students overall in 2017/18.
• Be a California resident or AB 540-eligible.
• Complete the College of the Canyons application, online orientation, assessment testing, and new student advisement.
• Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
• Complete the First-Year Promise application.
• Have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), from the FAFSA or California Dream Act application, of $50,000 or less.
• Complete all required steps by midnight Monday, July 30, 2018.